” The House of the Dragon ” is being one of the great hits of “television” in 2022, and the truth is that it was seen coming. As much as it got mixed up with the end of “Game of Thrones”, the reality is that the franchise is a media monster today, and everything that is going to come out of it has, at least, the benefit of the doubt. Given that the series seems to be going well, I have decided to contribute my grain of sand in an anime key .
Three dragon animes for lovers of The House of the Dragon
That said, here are 3 dragon anime that I think may be interesting for those of you who like the theme:
“Drifting Dragons” has as its main theme, directly, the fact of hunting dragons . Beyond the fact that they are fantasy creatures, they grant some of the most TOP economic rewards (and they also prepare some dishes that neither Karlos Arguiñano). In addition, in the anime we are presented with a company with a group of very interesting characters. Yes, it’s CGI , but I personally enjoyed it and have been waiting a while for another season to be greenlit.
- The Drifting Dragons anime currently has very little material. There are only 12 episodes available . ❗
- Where can it be seen in Spain? Well, whoever wants to give it a try will find it through Netflix . ✔️
- Are there expectations of more Drifting Dragons anime? The truth is that material is not exactly lacking. The anime adapted only 3 volumes of the 13 available and on top of that it is a monthly publication, which means that there is more chicha than that offered by a weekly publication. That said, it’s been more than two years since the first season, and at the moment there is not the slightest sign that anything new will be announced. ❓
Shingeki no Bahamut
Dragons are cool, but if you also put them in a 10 fantasy context , even cooler. I personally love “Shingeki no Bahamut”, even if in the second season one sees a major change of roles in the characters. On the other hand, the presence of the dragons as such is somewhat smaller than, for example, in “Drifting Dragons” , but in more than one instance they end up being key and totally crucial for the development of the story. In short: I highly recommend this anime.
- How many episodes of the Shingeki no Bahamut anime are available? There are a total of 36 episodes between the first and second seasons , in addition to two special episodes as a ‘short story’ that act as a bridge between the two. ❗
- Where can you watch the Shingeki no Bahamut anime? Well , at a legal level there is no way in Spain . ❌
- Are there expectations of more Shingeki no Bahamut anime? The truth is that this is a question that has its crumb. The anime itself is based on a video game of the same name by the Cygames company , but it does not exactly adapt any particular story. That is to say, if it is considered that the video game allows for another similar story, it could be that Shingeki no Bahamut would eventually return to the anime with new material. ❓
Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
With this anime they totally change your perspective of what a dragon is: what if instead of being a terrifying creature of fearsome power it was not only that but also a being with… worldly aspirations? Because yes, basically what Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid presents is how these fantastic creatures are introduced into the human world to play roles as maids, students and more. Of course, do not be confused by the presentation: there is also action and in fact it has some absolutely incredible fights .
- How many episodes does Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid anime have? The main anime has a total of 26 episodes as of today . ❗
- Where can it be seen? Whoever is interested in anime can find it in its entirety on the Crunchyroll platform . ✔️
- Are there expectations of more anime? Totally . Although the anime narrates certain things in a different order than how they occur in the manga, the reality is that approximately the Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid anime has only covered up to chapter 64. This implies that with the material available today, it remains about half of the manga to adapt (and that this is not even finished). ❓
And there are my options to enjoy a little more of the world of dragons if you’re enjoying “The House of the Dragon”. My personal ‘pick’ of how many I have listed is “Shingeki no Bahamut” . The truth is, I love the universe and you end up becoming very fond of its characters. It’s not that it doesn’t happen with the other two anime as well, but it responds more to that idea of fantasy that I greatly enjoy.