The popular Japanese medium Mynavi conducted a survey among its readers asking them for their favorite anime produced by the studios MAPPA, a company recently recognized for its projects of excellent visual quality. The poll was conducted between December 26, 2022 and January 16, 2023 in Japan, with no possibility to vote more than once, and accumulated a total of 7,222 entries.
The most interesting thing, however, is that the medium carried out this survey to celebrate that the anime adaptation of Chainsaw Man was being a global trend on the dates in which the mechanics began, but this series failed to appear in the final results.
The results were:
5. Zombieland Saga – 6%
- The popular play set in Saga Prefecture, where female zombies act as idols, ranked fifth. Saga Prefecture ranked last in the “Ranking of Most Visited Prefectures of 2022“, but this animation has managed to trigger a boom in visits to the places shown.
4. Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season – 6%
- Fourth place goes to a brilliant animated adaptation of the original work, which has a huge following of enthusiastic fans, but with very high expectations! The production was so difficult that it was difficult to find a company that would collect the fire baton from WIT Studiowhich had produced the anime until the third season, but in the end MAPPA was the study assigned to the daunting task.
3. Jujutsu Kaisen – 13%
- Third is another excellent animated adaptation of a popular original work. Jujutsu Kaisen is a manga serialized in the Weekly Shōnen Jump, but adapting a weekly manga to an anime is also a difficult task. Naturally, there are many differences between weekly manga magazines and television animation in terms of the pace of progress, what is required, and what is possible. For this reason, it is not possible to animate the original work as is, but MAPPA has created an entertaining work that can be enjoyed by all, while ensuring the artistic quality of the work.
2. Banana Fish – 14%
- A modern take on the magnificent classic manga by Akimi Yoshida, serialized in magazines from 1985 to 1994, ranks second. the manga banana fish It is a masterpiece that will go down in history, and its protagonist, ash lynx, is probably one of the most beloved characters in manga history. An anime adaptation of such a masterpiece would have been met with widespread criticism, but MAPPA he managed to bounce back and create an anime masterpiece.
1.Yuri!!! on ICE – 37%
- More than 30% of the participations were given in this play on figure skating! Tell the story of the figure skater Yuri Katsuki, who has had difficulties to win, and aspires to be world champion again. What stands out about this work is its beauty. In addition to the skating scenes, the pain and struggles of the athletes are beautifully portrayed in a way that will make your heart flutter. no one but MAPPA may be able to sublimate this sport to such an extent as an anime.
Fountain: Mynavi News
The entry Chainsaw Man falls out of a MAPPA popularity ranking was first published on Kudasai.