In recent weeks, the user of Reddit “u/gohdroger” became a trend after sharing what was supposedly the biggest leak in history: a detailed leak of the events of the last story arc of One Piece. Let us remember that the extensive work of Eiichiro Oda It really is in its final stretch, which causes many rumors and leaks to arise with the simple objective of attracting attention.
Thus, the user started about two months ago to post updates on the subreddit “r/OnePiece“, until accumulating little more than 40 titled updates”Future Storyline – One Piece (Future History – One Piece). Nevertheless, at no time did he indicate that they were leaksand their posts were only tagged as “Discussion“, it was the fans themselves who directly began to believe that they were real leaks.
The user continued to post their updates until On January 17, he was banned from the community for allegedly breaking the rule about not posting franchise spoilers.. So does it mean that his texts were really leaks? No, actually in that last update the user finally confirmed that all his texts were “headcannon“. We already know that “canon” is something that translates as “official”, and that “head” translates as “cabeza”, so a “headcannon” is a content that “It’s official only in the minds of fans“, so it can also be called “fanfiction“:
- «I have been banned because I have been posting “spoilers” according to Reddit/Moderators. I have filed an appeal… I will most likely stop writing my headcanons from here on out. The moderators of the r/OnePiece subreddit claimed that what I wrote is a spoiler and even went as far as twisting my words to say that I deserved to be banned. I’m pretty sure this moderator won’t dare expose who he is. I am pretty sure that this person will not dare to show the public his “arguments” for which I am banned for posting “spoilers”».
- «To emphasize again, everything I’ve written before that came true in the series was purely coincidental. Nothing more. Please assume that my posts are headcanon and not spoilers.» wrote the user.
You are right, many fans believed they were actually reading what would have been “the biggest leak in One Piece history”but knowing that it is one of the hens that laid the golden eggs of Shueishaand even from the entire manga industry in general, it is evident that the future plans of one piece They are only in the head Eiichiro Odaand perhaps your publisher’s as well, under several layers of confidentiality documents.
- All his text is collected in this link.
Obviously other media began to share the Reddit thread as if it were a real leakwhich inspired many hilarious fan opinions:
- «There are many things that are logical or very Oda in that leak, even if it is false, I would not be surprised if some things come true».
- «Let’s hack reddit to block that thread then. I’m not interested in knowing and unless many idiots want to feel superior by saying spoilers».
- «No real One Piece fan would read such a leak, I didn’t see it, nor do I care, although it’s surely smoke».
- «Not even Oda’s mamapichas knows what One Piece is».
- «What doesn’t add up to me is how it supposedly could have “leaked”, unless Oda has a draft of the ending on his PC and this guy has hacked it, I don’t see how it could be true».
- «I already read it, it looks very true».
- «The truth is that there are quite a few things that make sense, but half of it looks like fanfic, I don’t think it’s the real thing or I don’t even think it’s a draft of the ending».
- «I doubt it’s true, but if it is, just keep in mind that it won’t be true anymore. Oda said that if someone guessed the ending, then she would change it.».
- «I see a lot of people complaining and creating drama about it, it seems that they are afraid that these leaks are true because there are many things that do not make sense for the work. If what was leaked turns out to be true, One Piece will not have the super epic ending that everyone has imagined».
One Piece Synopsis
Gol D. Roger was known as the “Pirate King”, the strongest and most infamous being to sail the Grand Line. The capture and execution of Roger by the World Government brought about a change throughout the world. His last words before his death revealed the existence of the greatest treasure in the world, One Piece. It was this revelation that sparked the Great Age of Pirates, men who dreamed of finding the One Piece, which promises an unlimited amount of riches and fame, and quite possibly the pinnacle of glory and the title of Pirate King.
Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy who defies your standard definition of a pirate. Instead of the popular persona of a toothless, hardened, evil pirate who pillages villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is pure wonder: the idea of an exciting adventure that leads him to intriguing people and, ultimately, to the promised treasure. Following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Luffy and his team travel across the Grand Line, experiencing crazy adventures, unlocking dark mysteries, and battling strong enemies, all to achieve the most coveted of all fortunes: One Piece. .
© 尾田 栄一郎 (著) / SHUEISHA 集英社
The entry Fans believe that the ending of One Piece has been leaked was first published on Kudasai.