The anime of “Goblin Slayer“It left its season 2 behind with the closing of the anime winter quarter, as well as with the closing of a 2023 itself that has left us a lot at the level of Japanese animation. Obviously there are many who are waiting that a season 3 will eventually be announced through which to continue adapting the adventures and stratagems of the most competent goblin hunter on the scene, but If in the meantime there are those who want to continue advancing in the story, today I explain how to do it with the light novel.
What the Goblin Slayer anime has adapted so far
It’s important to put attention on “Goblin Slayer” anime adapts the original light novel, and not the manga, since the latter has adapted even less than the anime itself about the main plot. In this sense, the main contents of the “Goblin Slayer” anime have represented the following to date:
- Season 1 of the anime had 12 episodes to adapt the first 2 volumes from the Goblin Slayer light novel. 😉
- Volumes 3 and 4 of the Goblin Slayer light novel were omitted as they were not ‘central’ to the main plot, mostly presenting slice-of-life situations between the protagonists that were considered disposable. 😮
- The anime continued with the movie Goblin Slayer: Goblin’s Crown, which volume 5 was adapted from the light novel. 😎
- Season 2 of the anime, on the other hand, returned to the 12-episode format to adapt from volumes 6 to 8 from the light novel. 🤗
From where the story continues after the end of season 2 of the Goblin Slayer anime
Those who are interested in continuing to advance the story of “Goblin Slayer” without having to wait for the anime to air, then You should start reading the light novel from volume 9 onwards. This volume was launched in Japan more than 5 years ago, specifically on December 14, 2018.
How to Read the Goblin Slayer Light Novel
Unfortunately, following the story of “Goblin Slayer” in physical format in Spain is a somewhat complicated processand not because the original work is not published.
- In Spain, Ivrea He has been in charge of publishing both the Goblin Slayer manga and the light novel for years.
- What is the problem that one encounters then? Well it turns out that The Goblin Slayer anime itself is more advanced than the volumes that have been published in Spain.
- At this point they have launched the first 5 volumes of the Goblin Slayer light novelso taking into account that the anime has been adapted up to 8, it is clear that it will have to take a long time until the physical format takes the lead (again, at least in terms of the physical market in Spain).
Obviously, if there are those who have not yet found a way to access volume 9 of the “Goblin Slayer” light novel, they can always be patient and wait for season 3 of the anime to be released. After all, taking into account that it was in 2018 that the anime debuted and until 2023 3 different contents have been released, it is possible to see that There is a regularity that new content from the franchise arrives approximately every year and a half/two years. That being said, I already completed today’s work. Happy 2024 to everyone 😀
More reading guides that may be useful to you