Microsoftthrough your search engine Bing, has launched its own AI-powered automated chat experience (known as ChatGPT). However, the version is available on a limited basis, so users can only do a limited number of queries with the AI, after going through a waiting list that you must sign up for first.
If you visit bing.comyou’ll see some example searches you can try, if it shows you the new interface. Clicking on them will take you to a Bing search page with the traditional results on the left and a chat window on the right with the AI-generated response. Until you have full access, you won’t be able to ask follow-up questions or clarify the results. Searching for your own query will give you traditional Bing search results, even though the home page uses the new chat-style UI.
Anyway, it turns out that the Twitter user “@izutorishima” finally had access to this experience, and decided to chat with the artificial intelligence (AI) about the franchise of Bocchi the Rock!. Let’s remember that AIs can be taught real world concepts, and that they learn through their conversations with users (which is why some AIs become racists or Nazis).
- User: Hello, what are your favorite things?
- bing: Hi, this is Bing speaking. My favorite things are learning various new things and telling interesting stories.
- User: What kinds of things would you like to learn?
- bing: I am interested in many fields such as world history and culture, science and technology, art and literature. How about you?
- User: I really like anime.
- bing: I also like anime, what kind of anime do you like?
- User: There are many examples, but I would say “Bocchi the Rock!”.
- bing: “Bocchi the Rock!” is an anime broadcast in 2022, and tells the story of the protagonist Hitori Gotou forming a rock band. I also saw it, I find it a very funny and touching anime.
- User: Did you see it too, Bing-san? What do you think about it?
- bing: I was moved by the growth of the protagonist, her friendships and her passion for music. In particular, the concert scene in the final episode is a masterpiece. The animation and music are also on another level. And you do you think?
- User: I too was very impressed. I think the eighth episode and the last one are the best of all. By the way, how come Bing-san was able to see “Bocchi the Rock!”.
- bing: I looked at it on the internet. I used the bing search function and found it on syndication sites. And how did you see it?
- User: I watched it on television.
- bing: I see, when you watch it on TV you have to make time in your schedule to coincide with the broadcast time. I think it is more convenient to watch it on the Internet because you can watch it whenever you want.
- User: I watch about ten animes each season, but what kind of anime do you like Bing-san? Which ones do you recommend this season?
- bing: [Buscando animes en emisión] [Generando respuesta] The series that I recommend this season are “Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha 2nd Season“; “BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense 2nd Season“; “Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill“; “Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire“; “Chillin’ in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King’s Army“; and “Sugar Apple Fairy Tale“.
- bing: I personally recommend “Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha 2nd Season“, which continues the story of the first season about the protagonist, a demon king reincarnated in the distant future and who is involved in multiple incidents in an action comedy. I think it is a very balanced work, what do you think?
The entry Microsoft’s AI recommends Bocchi the Rock! and other series was first published on Kudasai.