one piece is an anime that tells the story of Luffy, a pirate searching for a treasure known as the One Piece, and wants to become the next Pirate King. Its first episode aired on October 20, 1999, becoming a huge hit.
Discover all the sagas and their arcs, even the most current ones, in this special guide to one piece.
Saga East Blue
We start with the saga that introduced Luffy to the world, the so-called East Blue Saga. It shows the character as a boy living in East Blue and at the beginning of recruiting the crew to hunt down the One Piece and try to become the Pirate King.
- Romance Dawn Arc (or Captain Morgan Arc): Episodes 1–4
- Orange Town Arc (or Buggy the Clown Arc): Episodes 4-8
- Syrup Arco Vila: episodes 9 to 18
- Baratie arc: episodes 19 to 30
- Arlong Arch Park: episodes 31 to 44
- Buggy Gang Arc: After the Battle!: Episodes 46 and 47
- Loguetown arc: episodes 45 and 48 to 53
- Millenary Dragon arc: episodes 54 to 61 (filler arc)
In the second saga, titled Alabaster (or Baroque Works), Luffy and his team continue to search for the One Piece, convinced that the young man can become the Pirate King. However, they must help Nefertari Vivi get to her homeland before a war begins. The problem is that a malicious organization will do anything to prevent Luffy and his friends from reaching Alabaster.
- Reverse Mountain arc: episodes 62 and 63
- Whiskey Peak Arc: episodes 64 to 67
- Coby and Helmeppo arc: episodes 68 and 69
- Little Garden arc: episodes 70 to 77
- Drum Island Arc: episodes 78 to 91
- Alabaster Arch: episodes 92 to 130
- Post-alabaster arc: episodes 131 to 135 (filler arc)
In the third saga of one piece, titled Skypiea, the Straw Hats continue their adventure. However, Luffy and the others are faced with a land full of mysteries and involved in a war that can destroy Skypiea immediately. This is one of the arcs that already starts with fillers right at the beginning of the saga.
- Island of Lambs Arc: episodes 136 to 138 (filler arc)
- Rainbow Mist Arc: episodes 139 to 143 (filler arc)
- Jaya arc: episodes 144 to 152
- Skypiea arc: episodes 153 to 195
- G-8 arc: episodes 196 to 206 (filler arc)
Water Saga 7
Water 7 is the fourth saga of one piece, also known as Saga Enies Lobby or Saga CP9. This time the pirates are already out on the open seas again and will face some dangers in their quest to find the One Piece. One of them is the trickster Foxy, as well as one of the three Army Lookouts, named Aokiji. Luffy needs to get to Water 7 to find a carpenter to join his crew and repair his ship.
- Davy Back Fight Arc (or Long Ring Long Land Arc): episodes 207 to 219
- Dream of the Ocean arc: episodes 220 to 224 (filler arc)
- Foxy Return arc: episodes 225 and 226 (semi-filler arc)
- Water Arc 7: episodes 227 to 265
- Enies Lobby Arc: episodes 226 to 312
- Post-Enies Lobby arc: episodes 313 to 325
Thriller Bark Saga
In the fifth saga of the anime, Luffy and the crew end up landing on a ghost island called Thriller Bark. There, a strange character uses Luffy’s shadow to revive Oars, a legendary giant. With the help of Brook, a skeleton, Luffy and the other Straw Hats must face Oars and the one who brought him back to life.
- Adorable Earth arc: episodes 326 to 336 (filler arc)
- Thriller Bark arc: episodes 337 to 381
- Spa Island Arc: episodes 382 to 384 (filler arc)
Marineford War Saga
Also known as the War Peak Saga, the Marineford War marks the end of the first half of the anime. At this point in the plot, Luffy and the other Straw Hat Pirates are separated on the Sabaody Archipelago. And this is where things seem to get a bit more difficult for Luffy and the others.
- Sabaody Archipelago Arc: Episodes 385 to 407
- Amazon Lily arc: episodes 408 to 421
- Impel Down arc: episodes 422 to 425
- Blue Small-East arc: episodes 426 to 429; (fill arc)
- Impel Down arc: episodes 430 to 456 (post-fill continuation)
- Marineford Arc: episodes 457 to 489
- Post-Marineford arc: episodes 490 to 516
Do you want to avoid padding? one piece? Do you know the One Piece filler episodes that can be skipped? Here we help you!
Saga of the island of the merfolk
Also known as the saga of the fish men, it presents the plot after 2 years of a jump in time. The Straw Hats meet in the Sabaody Archipelago and head to the New World, but for that they need to go through Fishman Island (or island of the mermen) and face some pirates who are there.
- Return to Sabaody arc: episodes 517 to 522
- Tritons Island Arc: episodes 523 to 574
Pirate Alliance Saga
Finally, Luffy and his team make it to the New World, but end up in front of Dr. Vegapunk’s old lab and come across Caesar Clown’s illegal experiments. Luffy ends up forming alliances and discovers a conspiracy existing on the island of Dressrosa.
- Z Ambition arc: episodes 575 to 578 (filler arc)
- Punk Hazard arc: episodes 579 to 625
- Arch Finding Caesar: episodes 626 to 628 (filler arc)
- Dressrosa arc: episodes 629 to 746
- Silver Mines arc: episodes 747 to 750 (filler arc)
Do you want more anime? Interesting animes you can’t stop watching!
We have reached the most current saga of One Piece, entitled Yonkou. An alliance named Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai is formed to defeat Kaido. It is then that Luffy takes action, gets involved with a Yonkou named Big Mom and needs to embark on a rescue mission to find his friend, Sanji.
- Zou Arc: episodes 751 to 779
- Supernova Marine arc: episodes 780 to 782 (filler arc)
- Whole Cake arc: episodes 783 to 877
- Reverie Arc: episodes 878 to 889
- Wano Country Arc: episodes 890 to 894
- King of Carbonic Acid Arc: episodes 895 and 896
- Wano Country Arc (continued): episodes 897 to 906
- Early Romance Arc/Episode: episode 907 (filler episode)
- Wano Country Arc (continued): episodes 908 to 1028
- Uta’s Past Arc: episodes 1029 to 1030 (filler arc)
- Wano Country Arc (continued): 1031 – 1040
You might also be interested in: