A new promotional video for the One Piece Film Red movie was revealed during a special broadcast for the One Piece multimedia franchise , revealing that voice actress Kaori Nazuka will play the protagonist Uta , while her singing voice will be provided by the female singer. ado . The video maintains the premiere scheduled for next August 6 in theaters in Japan, and shows a fragment of the main musical theme entitled » Shinjidai (A New Age) » and performed by Ado , while the theme was composed by Yasutaka Nakata ( Tales of Crestoria: The Wake of Sin ).
The synopsis writes:
- Uta, the most loved singer in the world. Her voice, with which she sings while hiding her true identity, has been described as “otherworldly”. She will appear in public for the first time in a live concert. As the venue fills with all kinds of Uta fans – excited pirates, the Navy watching her closely, and the Straw Hats led by Luffy who have just come to enjoy her resounding performance – the voice that the entire world has been waiting is about to resound. The story begins with the shocking fact that she is «the daughter of Shanks.»
Additionally, Ado (as Uta) will be collaborating with six other artists on other songs that will appear in the film. Most of them will be released or announced before the feature film premieres on August 6, starting with an animated music video for the theme song on June 15, and the rest of the list is as follows:
- 22 de junio – “ Watashi wa Saikou ” (“I’m the Strongest”) de Mrs. GREEN APPLE ( Fire Force OP ).
- 7 de julio – “ Gyakko ” (“Backlight”) de Vaundy ( Ousama Ranking OP2 ).
- July 20 (advance) – “ Utakata Lullaby ” by FAKE TYPE .
- 27 de julio (avance) – “ Sekai no Tsuzuki ” (“The World Turns”) de Hiroyuki Sawano ( banda sonora de Shingeki no Kyojin ).
- 3 de agosto (MV) – “ Kaze no Yukue ” (“The Wind’s Whereabouts”) de Yuta Orisaka .
- August 6 (MV) – “ Utakata Lullaby ” by FAKE TYPE .
- 10 de agosto (MV) – “ Sekai no Tsuzuki ” (“The World Turns”) de Hiroyuki Sawano ( banda sonora de Shingeki no Kyojin ).
- 17 de agosto (MV) – “ Tot Musica ” de Motohiro Hata ( Naruto: Shippuden OP7 ).
For his part, Eiichiro Oda has published the manga in Shueisha ‘s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since July 1997, and will enter his last plot arc next July, after more than 25 years in publication. The franchise has inspired multiple adaptations to other media, the main one being the anime that has been in broadcast since October 1999 and whose production has been in charge of Toei Animation studios since then.
- Goro Taniguchi ( Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, Planetes, Junketsu no Maria ) is directing the feature film at Toei Animation studios .
- Tsutomu Kuroiwa ( Gantz:O , One Piece: Heart of Gold , One Piece Film: Gold ) is writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masayuki Sato ( Air Gear , Gilgamesh ) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis of One Piece
Gol D. Roger was known as the «Pirate King», the strongest and most infamous being to sail the Grand Line. Roger’s capture and execution by the World Government brought about a change throughout the world. His last words before his death revealed the existence of the greatest treasure in the world, the One Piece. It was this revelation that sparked the Great Age of Pirates, men dreaming of finding the One Piece, which promises limitless amounts of riches and fame, and quite possibly the pinnacle of glory and the title of Pirate King.
Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy who defies your standard definition of a pirate. Instead of the popular persona of an evil, hardened, toothless pirate who plunders villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is pure wonder: the idea of an exciting adventure that leads him to intriguing people and ultimately, to the promised treasure. Following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Luffy and his team travel across the Grand Line, experiencing crazy adventures, unraveling dark mysteries, and fighting strong enemies, all in order to attain the most coveted of all fortunes: the One Piece! .
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) Eiichiro Oda / 2022 «One Piece» Production Committee