The manga adaptation of one punch manwhich is run by the popular artist Yusuke Murata, has entered one of its most anticipated story arcs by fans. And you will wonder, how can you expect any arc from a manga currently in publication? Well, we must remember that this is why it is “manga adaptation”, since one punch man is originally a webcomic written and “drawn” by ONEso many know the story that is coming with each new chapter.
Well, what is the “most anticipated arc of One Punch Man” about? Well, neither more nor less than the confrontation between Saitama and Tatsumaki. After a fight against enemies inside a maximum security facility, Tatsumaki is furious that her younger sister Fubuki’s subordinates were unable to protect her. Thus, she is determined to finish them off, despite Fubuki’s pleas, leading Saitama to try and stop her.
This is what triggers the confrontation between the two, which has just begun with the publication of chapter 178 of the work. Saitama easily resists Tatsumaki’s telekinetic attacks, while she questions why he is trying so hard to help Fubuki. That’s where a stab came for fans of the play that shippean to Saitama and Fubuki, since the first only mentions: «What am I to her, you ask… Well, it’s not that I’m her friend, or her partner, or even a mutual friend. I’m just an acquaintance».
This completely collapsed the shippeo that the fans had of both (although there are other 121811 reasons to ship them), to the sadness of the readers. However, Murata gave us another scene that gave rise to a new shippeo among the community: “Saitama and Tatsumaki”. In one scene, Saitama pulls Tatsumaki close to her chest to hold her and take her elsewhere to fight, but Murata was quite descriptive in his drawing of her. Still, we all know that One Punch Man is not a work that is concerned with romance.
Of course, this chapter turned on social networks, and motivated a multitude of comments, highlighting:
- «Oh my god, being hugged by Daddy Saitama».
- «Oh, I can safely say that she’s never been held by a man before.».
- «By the way, Saitama fights wearing Crocs».
- «Fubuki already has a crush on Saitama, and now her sister seems to be getting to know him better. He is on his way to conquer the loli».
- «I’m not sure if Fubuki is attracted to Saitama, but she probably wanted him to see her as more than an acquaintance. She has been interacting with him for a while and probably doesn’t know how to make friends properly, since she always makes others subservient because of her own insecurity. But Tatsumaki is different. She is strong “physically” and emotionally and very proud of it, but now she is justly criticized by a man who is stronger than her in both ways. It’s daddy time. She might see Saitama as attractive.».
- «I just hope this doesn’t turn into a romance».
- «I love the way Murata describes Fubuki’s reaction to being considered only one known to Saitama. As much as she likes to boss him around, deep down she was hoping to be something more than that… You can almost hear her heart sink. And I love Tatsumaki’s reaction when Saitama drags her. It’s like she’s thinking, “Did this son of a bitch just give me a hug?!”».
- «And yes, the way in which Tatsumaki’s vein bursts at the possibility that Saitama is something more than his little sister’s subordinate is hilarious… And on mark for her, even in the webcomic. The only thing that hasn’t changed about her is the fact that she is a super extreme and overprotective big sister. Here she is softer compared to her webcomic counterpart. But she’s still like that».
- «Why does Fubuki seem disappointed when he said that she’s just an acquaintance to him? What? Was she looking for something more than that? How to be his partner? When I read this chapter in the webcomic back in 2015, I didn’t understand much why Fubuki was puzzled at the time. From ONE’s “art” it is difficult to understand the expression of other characters other than Saitama».
- «I just hope omg Murata keeps Saitama’s Crocs on the whole fight, that’s just fine, that would be endlessly funny, what’s stronger than Saitama? A pair of fucking Crocs».
- «Tatsumaki’s surprised face is quite cute».
- «Anyone shipping Saitama with anyone seriously and not jokingly must be very ignorant. Saitama is like Buddha at this point when it comes to any real greed or sexual desires. Breaking your limiters must have broken your sex drive».
- «Poor Fubuki, he’s not even in the friend zone, he’s in the acquaintance zone».
- «It is possible to edit the Tatsumaki panel and turn it into a doujinshi, I leave them below».
- «Not even a day has passed and someone already colored the panel, amazing».
Synopsis for One Punch Man
Seemingly ordinary and unimpressive Saitama has a rather unique hobby: being a hero. To pursue his childhood dream, he trained relentlessly for three years and lost all of his hair in the process. Now, Saitama is incredibly powerful, so much so that no enemy can defeat him in battle. He is so powerful that he only needs to land one hit to defeat his enemies, because of this he is no longer able to enjoy the thrill of battle and has become quite boring.
All this changes with the arrival of Genos, a 19-year-old cyborg, who wishes to be Saitama’s disciple after seeing what he is capable of. Genos proposes that the two join the Hero Association to become certified heroes who will be recognized for their positive contributions to society, and Saitama, surprised that no one knows who he is, quickly agrees. And so begins the story of One Punch Man, an action comedy that follows an eccentric individual who longs to fight strong enemies who can hopefully give him the thrill he once felt and just maybe, become popular in the process.
The entry One Punch Man is viral for the ships with Fubuki and Tatsumaki was published first in Kudasai.