Those who know me know that, even though I keep seeing Tokyo Revengers every time its new episode is released, This is an anime that I have always seen many flaws in and that never completely convinced me.. But why do I think this way? Why do I continue watching a series that I find numerous drawbacks to? Today I want to talk about it.
First of all I want to point out that Tokyo Revengers seems like an entertaining work to me. and it has some very interesting characters, such as Mickey. On previous occasions I spoke of how little I liked Takemichi as the protagonistand when it was finally beginning to shine in the Season 3, the anime repeated the same mistakes again that I disliked so much about T1.
What is my problem with Tokyo Revengers?
- The main drawback that I see with Tokyo Revengers is that on many occasions It errs on the side of being surreal to the point of not taking seriously the very rules by which its world is governed. fiction❌
- Wordbuilding presents us with a reality that is practically the same as ours, except that time travel exists in this reality, which is its only great fictional characteristic, but Things get out of hand as soon as the street fights arrive. (one of the pillars of anime)🤜🏻🤛🏻
- In Season 1 they show us how Kazutora kills Mickey’s brother with a terrible blow to the head (crude event), but when Baji does the same to Kisaki, he barely makes a break. on the forehead and he can continue fighting (here we turn to fiction)😕😕😕
- This dynamic continued to appear in the rest of the anime’s disputes, such as those of the Black Dragon, and In Season 3 he went one step further with the “Angry power up”🔵
- In episode 9 of Season 3 we see how despite having a completely broken arm and legthis character is capable of moving at incredible speed and knocking out four Tenjiku commanders with one blow. He even changes his hairstyle!❓❓
- If we add to this the fact that one of the Haitani brothers brutally hits Hakkai about 15 times in the forehead with a metal baton and even then the attacked does not lose consciousnessI’m sorry, but it’s very difficult for me to take the most dramatic moments of Tokyo Revengers seriously 😑😐
- Why should I get tense when someone pulls out a knife? Yes, there are people who receive beatings to death and continue to get up and fight as if nothing had happened, or even characters who can neutralize knife attacks very easily…🤷🏻♂️🤷🏻♀️
- In my opinion, these spectacular and surreal fights do not fit with the more realistic plots of Tokyo Revengers, there are many anticlimactic moments that take me out of the immersion❌❌❌
Of course, all this does not mean that Tokyo Revengers is an enjoyable anime.I repeat, I continue watching it myself and I get excited by some of the most epic moments. But this happens because I am overlooking some problems like the ones mentioned above.
What do you think about this? Do you think that the combats do not break the rules of the world of this anime and that I am simply overthinking it? I read you!